About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday 25 November 2010

Living the Thanksgiving

Traditionally a time for merriment, family reunion, feasts and meals the true grace of Thanksgiving acknowledges all of the material possessions, good luck and kindness that has blessed each person’s life throughout the year so, on this US Thanksgiving, I thought it appropriate to take a brief rest and reflect on the best of my very own blessed...

As we all look back on our past year there will have been good times and bad in all that we’ve had. Helping us stay strong is the fortune we share from the people that that care but, conversely, for everyone whose year has been great there are others who have had less than good fate.

In our own ring-fenced world  we may have more than enough but we are surrounded by another that is much less well off and, as I consider my own good luck and achievements of the past 12 months, I wonder ...is the truth of Thanksgiving something we are all capable of re-living?

We live in a world of such fast pace that we are often too busy to pass on our grace. Time is increasingly precious yet we spend it mostly on work. Our homes are our soul yet we focus more on the ‘stuff’. And, although our loved ones are our rocks, they are sometimes the first that we drop.

In a world that keeps taking, I wonder...how much are we mistaken and do we too often forget the simplest thank you for the things that we do? So this Thanksgiving, as turkeys roast and glasses toast, lets take some time to re-consider our aptitude for showing real gratitude and make a timely reminder to be that little bit kinder...

Happy holidays,
'Til next time, Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment