About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Who Kildares, Wins

I'm not a lover of outlet stores. I mean, everyone loves a bargain, but there is just too must mayhem and disorder during sale time for me to enjoy it. Anyway, if something hasn't given me the calling at the start of the season, the chances that I really need or want it are probably slim.

So, I have avoided the call of the outlet village. Despite my draw to designer, I have preconceived images of out of date factory shops, glorified jumble sales. Not for me. 

Well, not until these recent weeks. My begrudging scepticism headed south of Ireland, to Kildare. A family break, that just so happened to have little nearby except Kildare Village, the irish contingent to the Chic Outlet Shopping® Villages by Value Retail, peppered across Europe's chicest cities. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that...

I was surprised. Pleasantly so. I hadn't imagined New England-esque shop fronts, with floral displays and roomy sidewalks lined with luxury brands.

Last season, yes, but perfectly merchandised in size order, colour coded accessories and proper changing rooms. This was shopping with style. A step up from the average High Street, just marked down. 

Even dining was upmarket - forget the high street burger bar, Kildare Starbucks your coffee stop and wines and dines you, Italian-style, in the very cool L'Offcina.

Kildare had real potential, the proof would be in the purchasing, rather than the pudding. Let the shopping begin....

Nicole Fahri tailoring, shirts by Pink, summer dressing by French Connection. and perfect accessories by Anya Hindmarch. Even home got a makeover with new Nespresso and Le Creuset, and threadcount refresh from Sanderson.

I think the technical term is reformed retail character. I take back my outlet snobbery - Who Kildares, definitely wins. Big sister, Bicester, might be next. With the amount I saved on my designer decadence, I can indulge some more!

'Til next time, Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment