About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Sunday 4 January 2015

The 52 Week Blog Challenge

Here we go. Where no honest maker of New Year's Resolutions can afford not to go...not later than January 5th, anyway, anything later counts as a resolution fail, right?

Here we go, then. Back to my blog. 


I say that like it's a chore, but it's really not. It's a relief, in fact, to have made this New Year commitment, so I can force myself to carve out time to do the things I enjoy most. A luxury I didn't give myself in 2014, and one that categorically will change in 2015.

Where do I start? Ironically my last blog entry in June (you see? June!) wagered excitement on my imminent new house build, my chance to turn hotel living into my home. The irony is that in two days from now that will, in fact, only actually happen. 

8 months of architect and design delays, however frustrating they have been, have been used wisely. I found my calling in interiors, invested months in design prep, but I won't launch into interior design blog boredom just yet, you will get plenty of that as the weeks progress!

New Year feels like a fitting time to restart the blog. It might even get a face lift as the weeks progress but, for now, new year reflection and planning around life has allowed me to think where my blog might be headed in 2015, as it gets my time back.


What started out as random musings of the world around me, as I travelled, kind of focussed more on travel and hotels in its more recent times. In between that, I've also dived into the world of social media, which I find fascinating, and which allows me to snapshot thoughts in 140 characters or a phone photo, a pace that fits much more easily into what has been another busy year in the skies.

And there lies the challenge. Time. 

A grand tally of 116 flights, touching 15 cities, made up my passport stamps in the last 12 months alone. The busy side of life will unlikely change, it is what it is. But the balance of it with the richer parts of life is the stall that I'm setting out for the next 12 months.


2014 has been a mixed bag of losses and loves, a new beautiful nephew that fills everyday with joy and the challenges of wicked cancer in my family circle. But I'm definitely a glass half full kind of girl and, looking forwards to 2015, my blog will be designed to keep true my resolution. A weekly download of what's gone on, wherever I might be. Family, friends and health and happiness. And of course, a new house.

Stay connected, come join the fun on twitter and instagram, but expect a varied log of my next 52 weeks whereabouts on the blog.

'Til next time, Pandora.





1 comment:

  1. Good to hear, one of the first blogs I came across at the start of my blogging journey so I'll be following!!

    ReplyDelete