About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Thursday 23 December 2010

Snowpocalypse Now….

Traditionally this would be a week where I would be celebrating the 12 days of Christmas in style, swapping my blackberry for cocktails with cranberry and replacing a busy schedule of meetings for one filled with season’s greetings. The pre-Christmas glee this year, however, has been replaced with pre-festive freeze and, as the travel chaos of European airport shut-down puts our holiday plans on ice I soon realise that having a visit from Santa this year will come at a very high ticket price, regardless if you have been naughty or nice….

In a world that is powered by science and technology that is capable of keeping us informed of news and events faster and faster, I wonder does anybody actually pay attention to the weather forecaster or have any plans to avoid such disaster?

Indeed, as I witness the typical frenzy of last minute shopping manic being rapidly replaced by non-flight departing panic I wonder ….are we any more prepared for handling snow and ice today than Captain Smith was at saving the Titanic?

As Christmas cheer gives way to non-Christmas fear, the airport elves maintain best efforts of joy with Christmas tunes melodised though the tannoy. But it is a sea of foil-wrapped bodies that are tucked under the airport Christmas trees this Christmas Eve and as another wave of cancelled flights begins, the message of peace and good will from hotels is one of regret there is no more room at the inn.

So, as turkeys roast and glasses toast, be sure you share pre-Christmas thoughts to those who remain stranded and lost and lets hope we thaw from the freeze before this New Year’s Eve….

‘Til next time, Pandora

1 comment:

  1. If you are nice Pandora, you can ask Santa for a hitch to the Carribeans. If you don't mind the Flight Al Fresco, Santa's occasional Ho Ho Ho, and numerous stop overs :) I'll think of you as I enjoy the sun and beach in Bali!
    Hugs! Cher

    ReplyDelete