About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Amazing Adventures of Shoeper Woman and her Size-Zero-Defying Shoeper Powers...

Today I flew into to London (UK). When in London, and with neither of shame or remorse, I am guilty of the crime of pre-meditated retail therapy well ahead of even landing in Heathrow. This trip, I didn’t need it. It was like London knew I was coming, rolled out the red carpet and teleported me straight to Oxford Street (Yes, you know the one, the shopaholic’s nirvana where true enlightenment comes in yellow bags with black letters…)

I had had the 'Calling'. The Louboutin Calling, to be precise, to the new Louboutin Apartment that opened earlier this month in-store. But as well as the spiritual illumination of this transcendental pilgrimage, my mecca led me to the enigma that is the Selfridges Shoeper Hero. A somewhat more physical discovery (you will see what I mean on his Facebook page!), but as shoes are the kryptonite of every Fashionista, Shoeper Hero is there to save the day and make our shoe stories perfect. And for someone who runs, walks, eats, sleeps, dreams and is, of course….Blogging in Heels, today Shoeper Hero is my blogging muse.

There is something about new shoes that make every woman feel special. A cure for any ailment from a bad hair day to PMS, bad news, good news, domestic warfare or payday pocket burning.

New shoes have Shoeper-Powers. Fact.

And with Shoeper-Powers comes Strength, Happiness, Omnipotence and Empowerment. It doesn’t matter what age, size or shape a girl is - with the right pair of killer heels she feels like a million dollars. New shoes have the ability to release the ShoeperWoman in all of us. I mean, who needs size zero when Manolo or Jimmy is your BFF?

So, as with every Super-hero adventure, comes my happy ending…Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - It’s a delectable Dolce on the right and gorgeous Gabbana on the left.
And they both lived happily every after. The End.

‘Til next time, Pandora x

4 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha! that is so tru! I have a matching size 8 to size 18 wardrobe to match all mine. Thank you Shoeper Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Hero yesterday, they had a big event on for fashion week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And every pair of killer heels has the , without saying, lifetime membership to the holy grail of "Party Feet"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure! 2 SOS essentials - party feet and a spare pair of flats in your handbag.

    ReplyDelete