About Me

My photo
A life in the skies. A life that is more than a little less ordinary. A life and career that transports me from city to country, but rarely to home. Along the way I get to live the dream, discovering a myriad of new and wonderful things. I love all things fine. Deluxe. Quite possibly ostentatious. But always with style. And I am zealous for life, love, people and friends and all the quirky nuances that all of that brings. Enjoy the ride!

Saturday 4 September 2010

Every Cloud has a Silver Lining...

Hi, my name is Pandora Skies....and I am blogging in heels.

Today I woke up to blue skies and bright sun, jostled through airport security, and my next taste of fresh air and a new city has welcomed me with the most incredible rain I have seen since my asian typhoon experience (story for another day).

But they say every cloud has a silver lining, so today, in the true spirit of my signature-productivity I have made the most of my free afternoon, accompanied by the sanctuary of a rather crisp Sauvignon Blanc, and made the long-planned and long-procastinated proverbial leap of faith into the world of blogging.

You may find out a little more about me to your left...but in brief the reason for my blog lies somewhere between interest, intrigue, comfort, company and insight. All in no particular order.

I spend an astonomical amount of my time on the road and in the air and by default on a bar stool, in a Starbucks and in an airport. For those of you who share this lifestyle, unanimously you will agree it is far from the glamour it tries to entice. Admittedly my married and child-owning friends rate this as a dream higher than winning the lottery, my work colleagues suffer the pains of my multiple time-zone disorder, my parents border on forgetting what I look like and my relationships fall into the 'to-do' list category. Sound familiar?

Notwithstanding all of that, the beauty it does bring is an everyday 'life through a lens' view of new places and new people, and I am forever fascinated at behaviour, change, trends and events, however random. Including my own.

So a brief welcome to my blog. As I continue on my life-path, I look forward to sharing my observations and adventures, as well as yours. 

'Til next time, Pandora 

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! Looking forward to reading your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.....so you!!! I can picture you just as you say!!!! My plane journey stopped in OZ and here i am ever since....blue skies, coffee and unknown...part of life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grounded at the moment but happy to share your journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Pandora....is Cougar status so not the "in thing" we live to what we create let it be true or fiction everyone deserves their dreams. Keep travelling you will have a huge following soon. Keep the heels clicking!!!!

    ReplyDelete